Sunday, May 17, 2009

NEVER give up

Hi "long time" no see,
Today our topic is about resilience and about NEVER EVER giving up.

For most of you guys in 1A3, when you were in P1, you were always getting very high marks, aren't I right?
However for my case, life was not a bed of roses. I was always getting a Band 2-3 and a rare Band 1. At the end of the year, I was around "top" 200 in my cohort. 

When I was in P2-P3, the Band 3's were gone and I would usually get a Band 2 and sometimes for EL and Math a Band 1. I was ranked 100+ during that time.

Then my forth year in primary school came, the year of my greatest improvement. That year, I topped my level for English that meant I had actually beaten the top boy in the top class. That year, my ranking became from 100+ to somewhere around 30-40 (I can't really remember). I personally believe that the main reason why I had such a big improvement was that I had worked very hard (especially during the holidays).

Then when I was in p5 and p6,  my results were starting to get better. I had some high band 2's ( above 80) and quite a lot of band 1's and A*'s. At the end of the year, I was top 14 in my school.

If I had given up because of the fact that my results were poor when I was in P3, I would not be able to enter HCI such a wonderful school and be in 1A3 and have such nice and friendly classmates.


0 comments:

Post a Comment